Tenant Information

If you are looking to rent a property then Harwoods can help. We have a wide range of properties that we manage and we would be pleased to talk to you about your specific requirements.

You can search through our available properties on this website, which is constantly updated or contact our Residential Lettings team on (01933 221616), e-mail us your enquiry to lettings@harwoodsproperty.co.uk or simply call into our office in Silver Street. However you choose to contact us we will try and help.

Finding a Property & References Expand/Collapse

Once we find you a property that you would like to rent then you will be required to fill out our on-line referencing form. This secures the property for you whilst references are being taken up. We will use a professional referencing agency to undertake all relevant checks on our behalf. Please note that to apply for a tenancy with Harwoods you must be at least 18 years of age.

A deposit equal to 5 weeks rent will be requested prior to occupation to cover loss or damage to the property above and beyond normal wear and tear. We remain professional and impartial when assessing deductions if justified and the deposit will be held in accordance with the Government’s Tenancy Deposit Scheme.

You will be required to pay the 1st months rent in advance prior to the commencement of the tenancy.

Once the referencing procedure has been completed we will make arrangements with you to sign your Tenancy Agreement and receive the keys.

You may only move into a property once we have received cleared funds of the 1st month rent and the deposit. Please be aware that personal cheques will not be accepted.

Occupation of the Property Expand/Collapse

Once you have signed the tenancy agreement you are contractually committed for the full term agreed. This is normally 6 months although the landlord may agree to a 12 month tenancy period. As the tenant, you will be responsible for the payment of all utility bills such as gas, electricity, water/sewer charges, council tax, telephone, TV licence etc. The landlord will pay the buildings insurance but you will be responsible for arranging your own contents insurance. When you start the tenancy you will be required to contact the utility suppliers and register with them.

You should make arrangements to ensure that your monthly rent payments are made on time and we prefer that you pay by monthly standing order via your bank. As you would expect we will not tolerate late payment of rent and will take swift action to enforce payment.

Maintenance Expand/Collapse

In the event of there being any maintenance problems with the rental property then please contact the Lettings Department as soon as possible on (01933) 221616. The office is open from Monday to Friday from 9am to 5.30pm. Should you need to call outside these hours there is a voicemail service and your call will be dealt with on the next available working day. If the maintenance issue is an emergency and occurs out of , you will be expected to deal with this and if deemed suitable you will be reimbursed any costs.

It would be helpful if you could notify us of any problems as early in the day as possible in order that we have sufficient time to arrange repairs. Please be aware that if your property is a LET ONLY property we will not be able to assist you with any maintenance issues, you need to contact your landlord directly. Your landlord will have provided you with the relevant contact details.

Client Money Protection & Independent Redress Expand/Collapse

Harwoods is an RICS registered firm member and client money protection is provided by RICS.

Wendy Hayes

Wendy Hayes

Lettings Manager – Residential Lettings

01933 221616